So it's been a while since I've had the want, or the time, to post. The end of the pregnancy went wonderfully, just very tiring. The birth was beyond words. I started having pains on the 11th but wasn't sure if it was contractions or not. I went in that night around 11 and I was barely a 2. A couple of hours later I was a 4 and heading up to labor and delivery. Before I knew it they were giving me my epidural and I was laughing and joking with my husband, mom and the nurses. Not too long after that my water broke on it's own and I started to push. I pushed for 2.5 hours and was so thankful that I didn't take the pain meds b/c they would have just made me way too tired to get through all of that pushing. I barely made it as it was, but I made it. At 8:32AM on March 12, 2009, our little miracle was born. Alana Koury Lillian Taylor. She came out with her eyes wide open and screaming as loud as could be. It was the most beautiful sound in the world! All of the doctors and nurses were amazed at how well the birth went. No problems at all, not even minor ones. It all went beautifully.
She's so great! I don't think I could ever love anyone more. I am just amazed by her. She's nearly 3 months old now and already is as smart as a whip. She is laughing and smiling constantly. She only cries when she is tired or hungry, or if something scares her. She's beautiful, with a head FULL of hair! She has blue eyes and came out looking JUST like Bobby. Now she's starting to look a little more like mommy! :) yay!! You can actually tell she's my child now! (Ha!)
Being a mom is the best thing in the world. It's hard at times, but so worth it. I wouldn't change anything about it. Watching her grow and learn just warms my heart. She's becoming so aware of her surroundings and watching her take it all in is just adorable. I can't even find the right words for it to be honest. It's beyond words. I have always loved children, but not like this. In fact, having a daughter has given me an even greater appreciation for children all together. As I said, I've always loved them, but now I love them even more. And my little one, I can't even describe how much I love her. She's just wonderful and I'm so very thankful to have her in my life. God has given us a wonderful gift and I plan on taking full advantage of it.
Well, my beautiful daughter is calling (crying). Guess she's done with her nap! :) I'll try to update more often.
When she was born:
[IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu7/AlanasAlbum/birthday%203%2012%2009%20-%20hospital%20-%201st%20day%20home/Alanasfirstphoto.jpg[/IMG]
Now:
[IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu7/AlanasAlbum/2-%20May%2009/525bathtime.jpg[/IMG]
Monday, June 1, 2009
It's been a while.
Posted by Just me and my thoughts at 6/01/2009 03:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment