Sunday, October 5, 2008

I've been thinking...

So I spent this morning thinking of the fun things Bobby and I used to do in Birmingham. It's funny all of the things I remember, as much as I tried to convince myself that I didn't like it there. We used to go out on "adventures" at such random times. Those are the best! I love spur of the moment, non-planned trips to "no-wheres-ville."

We would get bored and Bobby would tell me to get in the car and we'd just drive and drive. He'd take me out to the country parts of his route. It was so beautiful out there in the fall. The leaves changing colors, the air smelling so clean and fresh, horses for days, beautiful country homes and old barns. It was really beautiful. I remember telling him I'd like to live out there one day, after we had a child. Nothing better than having miles and miles for a baby to run and play. No one around to cause any time of noise pollution. Ah, the country life, I think I could get used to it.

I remember on our first anniversary we went out and stayed in Sylacauga, AL at one of his customers hotels. Then we woke up early the next morning and found our way to Talladega's national forest. It was SO beautiful out there! We hiked for 6 hours, and almost got stuck out there in the dark! It was so much fun. We came across water falls, boy scouts, wild life of all sorts. We got water from a natural spring, I think I still have the picture on here somewhere. It was so much fun!

There was another weekend, it was the last weekend of the summer. We wanted to go swimming so badly, but there is no beach there, the lakes and rivers were drying up from the drought so there wasn't any place to go swimming. I got online and found this little podunk water park up in Blount County. We paid 5 bucks for the whole day and had a huge swimming pool, different size diving boards and a few water slides to ride on. We hadn't been out in the sun in a couple of years, so we left there red as lobsters. We both peeled for days, and yes, we used sunscreen like crazy! Alabama's sun will bake you to death and you won't even know it's happening!

Oh and the best part was Chattanooga, TN on our honeymoon. Boy that place is beautiful! I can't wait until our baby is old enough to enjoy all Chattanooga has to see. The river boat, Rock City, the Inclined Railway, Lookout Mountain...the list could go on and on. That place is just so much fun!! I am looking forward to going back, only this time I want to stay in the mountains in a little cabin.

We also went out to Red Mountain a few times. They have cabins out there that I hope to stay in one day as well. I love camping, but don't think the old fashion way would be too idea pregnant, or with a child. At least not for a few years after the child is born! ;) But I'd really love to go out there and get a cabin and spend a couple of nights in the woods. Nothing like some good fresh air to get you going. They have a little lake, paddle boats, and other fun stuff like that. You can also go horse back riding through the trails, but that's a long way off for me.

I must say, I'm looking forward to the adventures again. When the baby is old enough to where we can just pack a diaper bag and a lunch and go. Or drop the baby off with mom for the day and go for a drive to get some time with one another.

It's going to be so great to have Bobby back on a "normal" schedule. Going in in the mornings, getting off in the evenings and being off on weekends. Oh how I've missed that normalcy. I'm glad that God gave us a chance to come back and realize all that we've realized in such a short amount of time. I'm also glad that He's giving us the opportunity to have back the normalcy that we had. I really have a good feeling about this, as hard as it's going to be to leave my daddy, my best friend and the beach. It's all for the greater good, for the miracle God has blessed us with, and it's going to be very much worth it in the long run.

2 comments:

Just me and my thoughts said...

I really need to start proof reading before I hit that post. I can't figure out how to go back and edit them once I publish them. I guess I have some learning to do!

Tabatha said...

You can go to edit post and click on subject and make changes.

Sounds like those little getaways were fun.